SUNDAY, MAY 22
An evacuation drill for the Grove Street Fire Safe Council area is scheduled for Sunday, May 22nd. Organized and managed by the Sonoma County Department of Emergency Management (DEM), this is a perfect opportunity to practice your evacuation plans and procedures as you prepare for fire season. Please save the date! Your participation is essential to a realistic and productive drill.
Evacuation Drill Overview
Grove Street Fire Safe Council is collaborating with:
- Sonoma County Department of Emergency Management
- Sonoma County Sheriff's Office
- Sonoma Valley Fire District
These agencies will use the drill to practice evacuating the Grove Street area during a wildfire. Help them help you…if that day comes.
The Department of Emergency Management is preparing:
- An online registration link to let them know you'll participate,
- A website with details and instructions,
- A mailer with additional information and instructions.
We will send you the link and website address as soon as its available, but here is an overview of the scenario and plans:
- A SoCo Alerts message will be issued between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 22nd, to advise you of the evacuation order. If you haven't already done so, it is a very good idea to sign up for SoCo Alerts.
- Sheriff's Deputies will drive through the area sounding their Hi-Lo sirens, signaling the evacuation.
- When you hear the sirens, it's time to load your go-bags and pets in the car and leave.
- You'll evacuate down Grove Street. Sheriff's deputies and Sonoma Police will direct you to the gathering location.
Look for More Information During the Coming Weeks
- We'll send email notices to advise and remind you of the detailed plans as soon as we receive them from the Dept. of Emergency Management.
- Look for a postcard from the DEM in your mailbox with more information.
- We're planning community meetings where you can ask questions and learn more about evacuation procedures.
- Information tents, fire engines, firefighters, DEM officials, and Sheriff's Deputies at the Diamond 'A' Car Show on May 21st.
Participation and Registration
- We hope that everyone will participate, just as you would in an actual evacuation. The more participants, the more realistic, informative, and valuable the drill will be.
- Registration will be available online through the Sonoma County Department of Management website. We'll send the link as soon as it's ready.
Grove Street Fire Safe Council is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Your support of our efforts to reduce risk in our community is essential; contributions are tax-deductible.
We are a group of your fellow neighbors volunteering to help mitigate the risk of wildfire in our community. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Copyright © 2022 Grove Street Fire Safe Council, Inc., All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you reside in or near the GSFSC community.
This email was sent to TrevorS@sonomavalleyfire.org
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
Grove Street Fire Safe Council, Inc. · 4032 Grove St · Sonoma, CA 95476 · USA