You have an important role in teaching children about fire safety.
This activity book gives children valuable fire safety and prevention
tips. To help your child become more aware of the information in
this book, we encourage you to talk to them about fire safety and
prevention. The tips below will help you:
• Make sure you have working smoke alarms on every level of your
home. Put them inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
• Test your alarms each month.
• Change batteries each year if you need to.
• Change your smoke alarms after 10 years.
• Make a family escape plan.
• Practice your plan at least twice a year.